"Emanations" and "Half a Life" Comparison.
We often watch Star Trek because it makes us ponder heavy topics. Certain episodes drive us to consider how we feel about life after death and the treatment of our elders as they require more help from others. In this episode of To The Journey, Char and Tristan discuss these themes as they compare Voyager's "Emanations" with TNG's "Half a Life." Each episode deals with ritual suicide from a slightly different angle. Listen on and find out what Char and Tristan think of these episodes, the messages contained therein, and whether they prefer one episode over the other.
For more information:
- Coping with a terminal illness: http://www.nhs.uk/Planners/end-of-life-care/Pages/coping-with-a-terminal-illness.aspx
- Alzheimer's Disease: http://www.alz.org/
- Suicide prevention: http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/
- Dealing with the death of a loved one: http://www.muchloved.com/gateway/death-of-a-loved-one.htm
- Coping with suicide loss: https://www.afsp.org/coping-with-suicide-loss
- Writing a will: http://money.usnews.com/money/retirement/articles/2007/11/12/how-to-write-a-will-online
- Notarizing a will: http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/executing-will.html
- VA Suicide Hotline: 1-800-273-8255 (Press #1)
- VA Crisis Line Website: http://www.veteranscrisisline.net
Running Time: 47 minutes 39 seconds
Tristan Riddell and Charlynn Schmiedt
Kenneth Trip, Jamie Duce and Aaron Harvey
Holding out (00:06:51)
Take it Back (00:20:30)
Next Week (00:46:45)
Send us your feedback!
Contact Form: http://www.trek.fm/contact
Visit the Trek.fm website at http://trek.fm
Subscribe in iTunes: http://itunes.com/trekfm
Support the Network!
Become a Trek.fm Patron on Patreon and help us keep Star Trek talk coming every week. We have great perks for you at http://patreon.com/trekfm
Audible is the premiere source for audiobooks with more than 150,000 titles to choose from, and new titles coming every week. From classics to current bestsellers, and even some of the most famous Star Trek books like Prime Directive, Federation, and Spock’s World, Audible has something for everyone.
As a Trek.fm listener you can get a free audiobook of your choice along with a 30-day trial to see just how great Audible is. So give it a try today, catch up on all those classic Star Trek books you’ve yet to read or that latest novel from you favorite author and support the network and our programming at the same time!